Playable Stories is a narrative game engine. The system allows game designers to focus on designing compelling digital stories and visual experiences, without needing any coding background. If you can use a content management system like WordPress to create stories for the web, you can create a Playable Story. Here is a link to our demo game, Can you make it in the VA?
Other things to know about Playable Stories:
- When you publish with Playable Stories your game is live, hosted on our site.
- Playable Stories are mobile and tablet ready (that goes for the engine, and the games).
- It’s a beta system, there are bugs (SAVE, SAVE, SAVE your work).
- Jump in, design, and play!
- Tutorial information is coming soon.
- The system was built with a generous grant from the Knight Foundation Prototype Fund.